If you’re looking for a relatively simple but delicious snack, this toast is the perfect solution. The macadamia ricotta on this toast is so rich and creamy, and with a gentle pinch of black lava salt, it’s a delectable summer treat. Keep reading for the full recipe so you can whip up this savory snack at home!
- 1 cup soaked raw macadamia nuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white mellow miso paste
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 8 – 10 tablespoons filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain salt
Take all of the ingredients and place them in a blender for 1 minute. Keep scraping the sides of the blender and adding a tablespoon of water until you get a creamy consistency. Feel free to adjust the salt, lemon, or vinegar if needed! Put the ricotta in a bowl with clear wrap over it in the fridge until it is ready to serve.
- 6 – 8 slices whole grain gluten-free bread (or bread of choice), toasted
- ½ pound tomatoes slice with ¼” thickness
- ½ cup macadamia ricotta
- ¼ cup julienned shiso or basil
- A few pinches black lava salt (or large grain sea salt)
Put the ricotta on the toast, and then top it off with sliced tomatoes, shiso, and just a few pinches of salt. Enjoy!