Search
Close this search box.

Navigating the Tides of Conflict: A Compassionate Approach with Nina Westbrook, LMFT

In a world marked by conflict, Nina Westbrook advocates for healing through empathy, psychological science, and community support. Discover how embracing our shared humanity, empowering youth, and leveraging creative arts can pave the way for peace. Join us in fostering resilience and understanding in times of war, as we navigate the journey toward a more compassionate world together.

85 Deep Questions To Ask Friends That Will Make Your Connections Feel Way Tighter

Therapist Nina Westbrook, LMFT, founder of conversation card game Do Tell!, cites a couple societal factors that have pulled us away from deep social connection. “One is the continued rise of digital communication,” she says. “While cell phones and social media have enhanced the ease with which we can all communicate with one another, they can also hinder the development of more profound, in-person connections.”

5 Tips for Owning Mistakes In a Relationship

Mistakes are inevitable in any relationship; no one and no relationship is immune to them. Whether it’s a thoughtless word spoken during an argument, a forgotten anniversary, or a more significant misstep, what truly matters is how we navigate our mistakes and what we do next. Today, we’re exploring five tips on owning your mistakes […]

15 Mental Health and Wellness Accounts You Need to Follow Before the Holidays

As the holidays approach, life can become a whirlwind of festivities, obligations, and sometimes, stress. Now, more than ever, it’s crucial to prioritize our mental health and well-being to navigate the season with grace and tranquility. If you’re seeking a source of inspiration and guidance to bolster your mental wellness, you’ve come to the right […]

Bene Book Club: Remember Love:Words for Tender Times

By Cleo Wade Hello Friends, I recently got the opportunity to meet Cleo Wade when she hosted me on the Goop Podcast (your can listen to our episode here). We hit it off instantly. It was very apparent to me early on that she was one of those people who is just a beacon of […]

Bene Book Club: Owning Our Struggles

I loved having Minaa B. on the Bene by Nina blog and I’m so excited about her latest journey! She is such a wealth of knowledge and I hope you’ll join me in learning to own our struggles, find community, and discover a unique path to healing. ABOUT MINAA B., LMSW Order Your Copy of […]

Love, Laughter & Open Relationships with Shan Boodram: The Relationship Chronicles Revisited

In a recent episode of The Relationship Chronicles Podcast, Nina sits down with Shan Boodram, a certified sex educator and intimacy expert, to dive headfirst into everything love, laughter, and unconventional relationships.  Shan kicks things off with a story about how she met her now-husband. He’s strolling leisurely through a store, casually browsing while she’s […]

How To Learn to Love Yourself Again After Dating a Narcissist

Being in a relationship with a narcissist can be a traumatic experience. Narcissistic partners are often manipulative, self-centered, and emotionally abusive, which can often lead to a loss of self-confidence and emotional wellness in their partners. However, it is possible to heal from this experience and we’re exploring a few strategies that may help you […]

Can a Relationship Survive Infidelity?

Infidelity can be a devastating experience for anyone in a relationship. It can create a deep sense of betrayal, anger, and pain. However, while infidelity can be a major challenge to overcome, it does not necessarily mean the end of the relationship. In this blog, we will explore whether a relationship can survive infidelity and […]

No Kids, No Problem

Celebrating the Growing Acceptance Around People Who Choose Not to Have Children In today’s society, there is a growing acceptance of people who choose not to have children. These individuals, known as “childfree,” have a variety of reasons for making this decision, including personal preference, career goals, and concerns about overpopulation or the environment. Despite […]